Ghana Rock!

Friday, February 4, 2011

The beginning....

Is tomorrow! My 1st race in the 40 by 40 challenge is tomorrow morning. A 5K. I'm not as ready, no where near as ready, as I should be. (insert sarcasm) And, the weather is looking marvelous, by the way. AM showers. Actually, it's not that bad...should clear up by 9AM when the race starts and it'll be around 40*.

So, I'd LOVE to finish it with a 11-minute pace. But if I finish under 45 minutes, I'll be happy. Yes, I know those are not amazing, record-breaking stats and it's taken me a bit to come to terms with that. But this is running, in my real-life.

This is just the beginning, so I'll start here and hopefully by spring and early summer with many races under my belt, my times will be amazing!

I'll update tomorrow with my results and maybe a picture. I'm running with my BFF, Salina, so I'll try to get a picture with her too! I'm excited to have a friend doing this with me, so much more fun that way.

Feet don't fail me now..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment